Re: The Raiders March

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jones from dialup-113.vegas.net on August 02, 1998 at 20:52:05:

In Reply to: Re: The Raiders March posted by Jeff on August 02, 1998 at 19:32:09:

: : : ..........Always sounds soooooo much better preformed LIVE..
: : : Last night (August 1) The Cleveland Orchestra with John WIlliams
: : : conducting brought the crowd (and myself) to its feet by playing
: : : Indy's signiture song. Got to love it !!!!
: :
: : That's what alwys happens when you hear it. The notes to the march is kind of like the Star Spangled Banner: Both of them inspire you to strive to do your best, give you courage, make you a better person.......ok, I'm starting to babble. But really, hasn't it happened to you. It's kind of like the feeling you get in Temple of Doom. Remember when the big Indian guy is standing on Indy and just when he's about to be crushed by the rock smasher, Short removes the knife in the Indy voodoo doll. You see Indy look up at the Indian guard and you hear the Raiders March. Then he beats the crap out of him, and just to show his humanity, tries to save the guard from being crushed. Think about that.
: : Indy

: It's cool that somebody heard it in person and by the man who wrote it. Personally though, I'd pay to hear an orchestra play all of the Indy music from all three films. A lot of the time you don't realize that there is music playing during some scenes. It's kinda neat to hear them and place them.
: On a side note: The Star-Spangled Banner? Whatever works, use it. Although if you wanna hear something screwy, listen to Oh Canada when they switch from English to French and back again in the middle of the song. Screws me up everytime.

When I meant the Raider's March sounds like the Star Spangled Banner, I didn't mean that they sound alike, I meant that they inspire people the same way. Like the example I gave with Indy above being how the Raiders March can inspire a person to stand up and fight. Or how the Star Spangled Banner, if it's heard by an American soldier during a war, can inspire him or her to go out there and fight for their country. To make it simpler:

Raider's March inspires courage, adventure, tenacity
Star Spangled Banner inspires patriotism and the other three above. At least that's my opinion.

Indy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]