Re: Saving Private Ryan - ALTERED HISTORY

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Henry from 208.224.43.104 on August 02, 1998 at 23:01:00:

In Reply to: Re: Saving Private Ryan - ALTERED HISTORY posted by justin on July 31, 1998 at 22:42:18:

:
: Well Hollywood's done it again but at a more costly level. ANOTHER thoughouly American film about American Soldiers who won World War II. Ofcourse the ignorant Speilburg has once again altered true history to spread and brainwash the younger gernerations. I am a 19 yr old Canadian who had many realtives on the front lines all over Europe and I am sickened by Speilburg's lack of history and utter disrespect to the many others from other countries who fought in this war. It was not a war for the American type of freedom but world freedom and I am tired of Hollywood putting out these terrible pictures with Americans running the show and saving the world. At least Speilburg when dealing with world history can lower his flag for a bit and think of all the others from other countries who died. All I am saying is that Hollywood has a responsibility to show all aspects of history not the distored, unclear one they are teaching people right now. And by the way American joined both wars 2yrs late and were not as big of factor in the victories over oppression that Speilburg and Hollywood would have u believe.
: Please e-mail me with any comment on the subject, like to hear your view point

This movie was about American soldiers for the American people. Being a war veteran myself, I think it's time for AMERICANS to see what their soldiers experience during war. You see, Americans have a problem honoring their veterans dead or alive and this is a way for American veterans to say "see what I went through for you?" I know there were many nations involved in the war but this one story was about these few Americans and their experience. Please understand that war is bad and when you see the dead soldiers on the beach, imagine him being British or Russian... The movie isn't about who should have been in it or not. Do you also think that De Capriosomthing fellow should have been in it to ? who else ? no, this was a movie for Americans about American soldier. If Canadians ever make a movie honoring their military, I would be there to watch it too. Thanks for your time.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]