Re: New Alternative Indy Shirt?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Valdez from cx540447-b.cv1.sdca.home.com on August 11, 2000 at 01:16:46:

In Reply to: New Alternative Indy Shirt? posted by Canadiana Jones on August 11, 2000 at 01:08:51:

Hey good idea! I didn't even think about extra "destroying" shirts. That way if us IndyFans decide to make our backyard camcorder adventures, we can get nice and dirty without worrying if the dry cleaners can fix up our outfits.
: Hi all. Just got back from a night at the movies. While waiting for the showtime to draw closer I stopped in at an surplus store across the street from the theater. (It's more geared towards kids who want to wear trendy type military gear than anything serious though)
: Anyways while browsing through the aisles I came across a shirt on a rack that drew my attention with it's straps on the shoulders and close if not exact color of Indy's shirt. I picked it off the rack and noticed the shirt's breast pockets had the pleats but unfortunatly it was only on the pockets. I realized this shirt was almost identical to the LL Bean shirt. I checked for the price and saw it was on sale for only $9.99 (roughly $4-$5 US) There was only one left in the long sleeve version & It was brand new too. I tried it on and it fit ok but it was a little tight especially at the collar where I couldn't get the top button done up. I bought it anyway. I tried it on a couple minutes ago with my bag, jacket, and hat and it looks great. I might use this shirt as a trashed version of an Indy shirt that I can rip up ala TOD. There is no manufacturer's label on the collar (just the size numbers 15 33 12 85) but there is a label on the inside bottom of the button flap that has the following info.

: PERFECTION
: SHIRT, MAN'S
: SERVICE DRESS, L/S
: CLOSED COLLAR
: TAN, LAND
: 8405-21-896-8040
: 15-33
: 65% POLYESTER
: 35% COTTON/COTON

: I don't know if that means the manufacturer is a company called Perfection or not though. Anyways, this might make a good alternative Indy shirt for the budget conscious.

: Canadiana Jones

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]