Thanks for your help! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by West from spider-tp022.proxy.aol.com on August 11, 2000 at 05:26:55:

In Reply to: Re: Raiders fight posted by Dr.Brody on August 09, 2000 at 07:24:52:

: : Well, the other day when I was watching Raiders with a friend, and working out my final details about getting my Indy gear, my friend told me a story involving Indy and the scene when he shoots the man with the sword (while he was searching for Marion) instead of fighting him. My friend, Dan, mentioned that the scene originally was meant for Indy to fight the guy in a elaborate fight scene, but was changed because while filming on location, Harrison Ford contracted some disease which made it so he couldn't finish the scene. So, instead he shot the man with his gun and walked off scene looking for the nearest bathroom because he felt sick and when you see him looking for Marion after the shooting he was really looking for a bathroom. Now my question is, is this really a true story? Or is it some made up story? It sounds like Harrison Ford could have done something like this (if the situation actually existed). So Indy muses, please help me I must know.

: : "Junior!"
: : West

: : It's true!! Ford had a case of the "Tunisian Two step", and after filming some of the "whip against sword" fight, which can be seen in "The Making Of Raiders of the Lost Ark", Ford said to Spielberg,"why don't I just shoot this guy?" and the most realistic scene ever filmed in an action-adventure movie was born. Dr.Brody

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]