Re: I disagree,

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on August 11, 2000 at 17:34:12:

In Reply to: I disagree, posted by Gregg on August 11, 2000 at 14:43:56:

: You must be $loaded$ if you kept such a disappointing hat! You can read my other posts, but they all come down to: you get what YOU ask for. What baffles me is the disproportionate scrutiny you gave to your order. The same list of things that you expected to see should've been given to HJ when you ordered, not at receipt. It's like saying "I want a pizza," then being disappointed because they didn't bring you a 12" thin-crust, extra-cheese, everything-on-it but olives and anchovies pizza.
: Time's vary, I rec'd mine within 10 days. As for quality, we'll see as time goes. I hope we're all happy with our choices.
: Gregg

Just a quick response here, Gregg. I mentioned this in a posting above, but to be more specific, I have been in coorespondence back and forth with a fan in England who has been assembling a complete outfit, and personally went TO HJ and spoke to Mr. Swales and ordered his HJ from the man himself. When he picked it up, he experienced the exact same results that has been mentioned above, and when he said so to Mr. Swales, the response was, "I've been making them since 1980. I should know how they are made, shouldn't I?!" Not sure how to read that reponse, my contact told him thanks and went out the door with his new hat, crooked brim, bow, and all. Well, it was a real Herbert Johnson, you know.... Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]