Well the HJ is a good company. Not trying to put them down, and if you really are happy with your HJ then it's a great thing for a fellow Indy fan. "He chose wisely" West (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by West from spider-wj014.proxy.aol.com on August 11, 2000 at 20:49:28:

In Reply to: Re: The HJ-Peters Bros. decision. posted by Indiana Valdez on August 11, 2000 at 20:45:14:

: *SIGH*. Okay, okay. Go for whatever you want. I shouldn't place my HJ over a Peters Bros. anyway, considering I've never seen one. I guess I'm just really uptight about the "ORIGINAL" and the "AUTHENTIC".

: "Fortune and glory"
: : Well for the money I'm paying for a good Indy hat (used for all purposes) I would think the maker would take his time and do a good job. From what Mr Swayles said to me it's a good hat, made very well but from what I've learned there are lots of flaws to the HJ. (and for a $300 hat!) He's been making hats like this for quite a while now and you'd think that HJ would have it all worked out by now. Yet, Peters bro hasn't had as near as much time but still their hats are so close to being THE Indy hat that's it's scary.
: : I'm definately going for the Peters bro, cause I want a hat of quality and durability that screams the name Indiana Jones. HJ may be the original and a good hat, but from what I've found out searching for my Indy hat Peter bro is a better choice, at a fraction of the price, and twice the durability.

: : "Fortune and glory"
: : West

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: