fedora musings

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dakota Ellison from spider-tm012.proxy.aol.com on August 11, 2000 at 21:20:01:

After reading all these posts about a subject dear to my heart..er my head anyway, I am curious about a couple of things.
I tracked back to the first post about Peters Brothers hats. Here it is:
"The usual response is Miller Hats, and I do recommend you take a look at their items as they are first rate fedoras. Steve recently sent me this web address, and personally I'm surprised he hasn't posted this info himself, so I will, but give Steve all the credit for this find. Take a look at "http://www.petersbros.com/". Click on their dress hats. The Borsalino line is the exact same stock that Herbert Johnson is currently getting thier hats from to make the Indy fedora, or the "Poet" as they catalog it. Peters sells it for quite a bit less, so food for thought. I'd recommed these two site for your consideration. Regards. Michaelson"

And a bunch of us ordered Indy Customs instead. And from what I can tell, we're all happy with them. But one or two posts questioned the cost of the HJ but said it must be rabbit because beaver is endangered in the UK. But if the Poets are really Borsalinos, then they are from Italy and could really be beaver, couldn't they? And which Borsalino is it or is it just the same unfinished stock that Borsalino buys. And what is 5X fur felt? A rabbit-beaver mix?
Fedora? Michaelson? Patterson? Joe Peters? Anybody? (watch me get a reply from "anybody")
Cheers!

Ellison

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: