Thanks Fedora!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by West from AC89DA1E.ipt.aol.com on August 12, 2000 at 03:08:28:

In Reply to: Re: Luger's Fedora Page posted by Fedora on August 11, 2000 at 17:24:07:

: : Well my hat size is only a size bigger than his and I'm also about an inch taller. So I'd figure of talking with Joe (or HJ for that matter) and seeing what would be the best change for the difference. As for the specs on the hat I have learned from Luger's that the brim is 2 3/4 by 2 1/2 and the crown is 5 1/2 when creased. What I don't know is how far the pinch goes down, and the dimensions for the crown (like the height along the pinch, the back, and the sides). As usual any help on this would be great.
: : About what is said about the lining of the HJ making it more authentic, I've actually talked over with Joe Peters and he said he is working on getting a white lining but is uncertain as to when he can get one made up. (It may take a month or a year, no one knows for sure) But he said that when he does customers who have the red lining can have the lining replaced for a white one when it arrives, and the cost should be somewhere around $10 (not including shipping). He even mentioned you can wait till your hat needs to be refurbished (cleaned, have the ribbon replaced, and lining replaced) and then get the white lining then. (cost $70, a good full service which HJ doesn't offer)
: : I've heard good things about both HJ and PB (suddenly thinking of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches), but also bad about HJ. Now, the jagged edges and crooked bow bothers me, and I would think by now HJ would be able to deliver this without request, despite the differences in hats through the movies. Just my view I guess. Still the question remains about which hat is one Indy would wear (not has worn but would if he had to make the choice himself)?

: :
: : "With any luck, he has the Grail already."
: : West

:
: I will tell you what I think the measurements on the front and back should be, along with the crown height. This is for a hat sized at 7 1/4. The open crown height should be at least 5 1/2 inches, 5 5/8 to 5 7/8 would be better. The distance from the brim to the top of the pinch needs to be at least 4 3/4. The sides,after bashing need to be 5 1/4 to 5 1/2. The accepted brim size for this size hat is said to be 2 3/4 x 2 1/2, but I think the 2 3/4 x 2 5/8 looks better, especially if you like the sides turned up a bit. These specs are for the Raiders style fedora, which for now is my favorite. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]