Ark replica being put in motion

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rocky from proxy2-external.oaks1.pa.home.com on August 12, 2000 at 10:12:32:

Hi guys,

A while back I posted that I knew someone who is practically a master woodmaker. I've seen some of the things he can do, and when it comes to being mechanically inclined, he's fantastic. So I asked him if he wanted a challenge. I asked him if he wanted to take on the task of trying to build the Ark of the Covenant from "Raiders"
He said he would like to try it, but he needed to get his shop set up in his new home first. Well, it's months later and he's set up. I gave him my book-"From Star Wars to Indiana Jones"-It's got that beautiful picture of the ark with dimensions in it. He took a look at it and said he would like to try it. We agreed the angels on top of the ark were going to be the stumbling block. But he wants to try it.
So the wheels are in motion for a lifesize replica of the Ark of the Covenant. I will report back to you guys from time to time to let you know of his progress as I get reports from him. And from what he said, he's even going to do the poles that carry it.
Wish him luck. If it looks good, and I will post pictures of it when completed, I'll ask if anyone wants one. No price has been set yet because I don't know the cost of materials yet, and I do want him to get paid for his time, but I don't know that yet either. I asked him to see if he could build it so it could be taken apart for shipping purposes.
So here we go, more to come

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]