Re: Hat fight--not West's fault.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-195.col.cableone.net on August 12, 2000 at 12:04:53:

In Reply to: Re: Hat fight--not West's fault. posted by Cueball on August 12, 2000 at 07:19:14:

: Mr. West, you are indeed a wise young person. All along I have said everyone must make their own decision and "make yourself happy". In most of my postings I clarified that I'm no hat expert and that I was just relating my experience. I was only trying to help others avoid some potential disappointment. But if money is an issue, I can assure you, having purchased both HJ and PB (and intending to keep them both) that the PB is a GREAT hat, identical to the original (at least to my eye), very good looking, and terrificly priced. Good luck with your choice.

: Cueball
: : Well to respond to Greg, thanks for the advice and I'll make sure to do what's best for me. I actually wanted to get a hat which was a good Indy hat but also one that could stand the test of time and was also quality workmanship. From Cueball's experience and that of some others HJ may be coasting on their name like Abner said. This being my first Indy hat and one I'll treasure for a while I want a good one for my money (being a student I am surprised I have any).
: : Joe Peters was very friendly over the phone and so was Mr. Swayles. (Though Mr Swayles seemed to have an attitude like "it's just a hat" when I talked to him but a very pleasant man to talk to nonetheless. While Mr Peters seemed to be like "it's an art." Just my opinion though from talking to both and asking their views of hats.) I have been looking around for quite some time (longer than I've been posting here) and though "bullet proof" may be it's name it was a customer who named it and from what I've seen here it lives up to its name. As Joe Jr says "I let my customers do my talking." He is a pleasant man and I would be glad for him to make my hat.
: : Now my intentions was to learn as much as you Indy muses know about these hats and to become (maybe) a Indy hat expert also so I could make my decision. I had no intention of causing a fight (ie "Greg vs Cueball" the fight of the indy fans). Everyone has their own experiences with these hats and their own views. You should get the hat that you'll be happy with (whether it be HJ or PB). HJ was the original and PB makes a great quality custom hat. To each his own. (Maybe Indygear or Luger should post more of this info and some testomonials also to help out so fights like this won't happen again.)

: : " We (Indy and Abner R.) had a bit of a falling out"
: : West

I guess some of us Indy fans take our gear pretty seriously, and have pretty strong opinions concerning this. Just look at the discussion this week in regards to the jacket and the hat. I love it! Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]