Re: Specs.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cueball from 1Cust80.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on August 13, 2000 at 08:45:21:

In Reply to: Specs, just double checking tell me if I'm missing anything. posted by West on August 13, 2000 at 04:33:55:

Wow, someone's been paying attention in class! There are only two other things I can think of:

1) Determine if you have a round head or an oval; just giving the measurement isn't quite enough. You can probably do this at a men's store that carries a wide selection of hats or send Joe Jr. some pictures of your head (especially the top view). Of course, this will necessitate a great deal of ingenuity, flexibility or the assistance of a close friend.

2) Get yourself a hat stretcher from David Morgan ($16.95 plus shipping, I think, and it comes in a few days.) This you will put inside your hat when you're not wearing it to keep its shape and prevent shrinkage. Also, as the name implies, if your hat comes a bit snug you can stretch it out.

Good luck.

Cueball

: Well after searching lots of Indy sites (thank you to all those who have made these great sites, like Indygear and IndyDiggs and Luger's and talking to you Indy muses here on the forum I have worked out all the details about the hat which I'll need for Joe, Jr. From what I know the Indy hat has a dimensional cut brim, a crown which when not dented is 5 5/8-5 7/8 inches tall but 5 1/4 -5 1/2 inches when it's dented, it has a center dent and the measurements for the crown when dented is 4 3/4 along the pinch (which for the Raiders look it has to have a very tight pinch) 4 1/2 on the back and 5 1/4- 5 1/2 on the sides. The side walls on the crown dent should be parallel and the crown should not be tapered and the sides should be straight up. Brim is raw edged and has the dimensions of 2 3/4 by 2 1/2 inches. The hat band is a dark brown almost black and 1 1/2 inches and the bow is on the left and tacked on evenly. The back of the brim should be almost straight out with a slight curl, very slight. The sweat band should be dark brown and the lining white (I'll change this in the Peter bros from the red to white when Joe, Jr gets the white lining eventually in).
: Now I think I have every detail about the Raiders hat before I order (I will change the hat to fit me and look good on me with Joe's help.) If I'm missing any detail do please post it and as always any help would be great. Sorry if my obsession for details bothers any of you but like many others I want to get a good hat.

: "This is mister...Round." "Short Round"
: West

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: