Re: Let's move on to the Aldens!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cueball from 1Cust189.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on August 13, 2000 at 10:41:07:

In Reply to: Re: Let's move on to the Aldens! posted by West on August 13, 2000 at 10:04:12:

What a great relief not to have a big rhubarb over quarter-inch details and quality of craftsmanship! Of course now nobody will be interested enough to participate.

The first pair of Aldens I had to special order from an orthopedic shoe store. They came a half-size too small because the lady at the store left off the "1/2" when she wrote the order. They took a few weeks to arrive. Since they were fine in length and only a little snug in the width, I took them to a shoe repair shop and had them stretched ($5.00)--now they fit well, though I don't have enough room to wear insoles in them (not mandatory). I've worn them for long periods of time and they couldn't be more comfortable.

I ordered my latest pair from the Alden Shop in San Francisco, thanks to IndyGear (again!). They were $190.00 plus $6.00 shipping via UPS (no tax outside California), and I got them in less than a week--clear across the country. I ordered my regular size, which they had in stock, and I can wear insoles with these. The salesman was very courteous and knew exactly what I wanted.

These boots will hold up well, believe me or any of the others who've posted their experiences with them. I've always been a big proponent of spending more on shoes, if you plan to actually wear them, because you really will get your money's worth in the long run. I'm not trying to sell anybody on these, but even though the initial cost seems high they will probably outlast several cheaper pairs. I ended up with two pairs because I wanted to really abuse one pair and keep the other nice enough to wear to work.

Cueball

: Luckily with Aldens you don't have much of the same details to go over like the jacket and the hat. These are made a lot like they used to.

: But moving on, how comfortable are they? How long for the shipping and handling? How long do they last?

: I am new at all this but the boot looks really good.

: "Water! Water!...ugh Water! Water!"
: West

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: