Re: Let's move on to the Aldens!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dakota Ellison from spider-wm051.proxy.aol.com on August 13, 2000 at 14:24:01:

In Reply to: Let's move on to the Aldens! posted by Cueball on August 13, 2000 at 10:00:43:

: Now that the subjects of the jacket and hat have been beaten to death (though not permanently, I presume), how about a less controversial subject: the Aldens.

: I bought a pair in the spring of 1999 and recently bought another pair. There seems to be a difference in the leather. The older pair took polish (and abuse) very well. The newer pair has a more rough-finished leather that doesn't hold a shine, but can probably take just as much abuse. I'm not complaining; it's just something else to talk about here. They're fantastic boots that have quickly become my usual footwear for work, since I no longer wear suits everyday. That's why I went with a second pair.

: Cueball

: P.S. I know, what kind of anal-compulsive polishes Indy boots anyway?

I can't imagine polishing them at all. I've worn mine every day since I got'em.(if you call and order them tomorrow, you should have them at your door by Friday)I had the heels replaced at an Alden store here in Atlanta (they don't carry the 405)I got them back the same day and they had polished them up in a slightly darker brown. Now, they are like an antique chair, worn to perfection. I read once that the right look for cowboy boots should be one of "benign neglect" and I think that describes the Aldens too. Now...back to the hat. Just kidding.
Cheers!

Ellison

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: