Been there, done this!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on August 13, 2000 at 15:17:57:

In Reply to: Let's move on to the Aldens! posted by Cueball on August 13, 2000 at 10:00:43:

: Now that the subjects of the jacket and hat have been beaten to death (though not permanently, I presume), how about a less controversial subject: the Aldens.

: I bought a pair in the spring of 1999 and recently bought another pair. There seems to be a difference in the leather. The older pair took polish (and abuse) very well. The newer pair has a more rough-finished leather that doesn't hold a shine, but can probably take just as much abuse. I'm not complaining; it's just something else to talk about here. They're fantastic boots that have quickly become my usual footwear for work, since I no longer wear suits everyday. That's why I went with a second pair.

: Cueball

: P.S. I know, what kind of anal-compulsive polishes Indy boots anyway?

If you'll go back into the vaults, this subject has been rode hard and put away wet many times, and with just as much fervor as has occurred with the jacket and hat. Anual compulsive! Excuse me? I wear mine daily to work, and I do indeed keep mine polished to maintain their original appearance. To date, after daily wear over a year, they look as good and new as the day I purchased them, but it has absolutely NOTHING regarding being compulsive about the shoe. After spending over $200 for these shoes, I plan on having them for a long, long time. I also treat my Wested on a regular basis, as well. It has everything to do with KEEPING these items in their best condition for years of enjoyment, and NOTHING to do with compulsive behavior. I've done this with every piece of personal, important items I own, Indy related or not. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]