Re: Been there, done this!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cueball from 1Cust164.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on August 13, 2000 at 18:07:04:

In Reply to: Been there, done this! posted by Michaelson on August 13, 2000 at 15:17:57:

I know, I do the same. I was joking about my own habit of laying on the treatment, especially on leather items. All my shoes are highly polished and still look brand new, even the ones I've had ten years. I just can't get to the point that I can abuse shoes and not try to make them like knew again. Now that I have a second pair of Aldens, I may try to really rough up one pair, but I think there may be a compulsion that won't allow it.

Cueball

P.S. Is there an Indy related subject that hasn't been beaten to death? That's no reason they can't be resurrected and wailed on again.

: If you'll go back into the vaults, this subject has been rode hard and put away wet many times, and with just as much fervor as has occurred with the jacket and hat. Anual compulsive! Excuse me? I wear mine daily to work, and I do indeed keep mine polished to maintain their original appearance. To date, after daily wear over a year, they look as good and new as the day I purchased them, but it has absolutely NOTHING regarding being compulsive about the shoe. After spending over $200 for these shoes, I plan on having them for a long, long time. I also treat my Wested on a regular basis, as well. It has everything to do with KEEPING these items in their best condition for years of enjoyment, and NOTHING to do with compulsive behavior. I've done this with every piece of personal, important items I own, Indy related or not. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]