Re: Oh, I can be juvenile!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by joe from 90.neworleans-01-02rs16rt.la.dial-access.att.net on August 13, 2000 at 22:35:26:

In Reply to: Oh, I can be juvenile! posted by graml on August 13, 2000 at 20:46:55:

: That was once my forte! Anyhow, I agree wholeheartedly with your view on Indy vs the Nazis. Indy 4 cannot possibly have Nazis unless Lucas can somehow explain why Indy looks ten years older during WWII than he did in mid-1938. I've been an advocate of the Chinese communists, because I feel that the Soviet communists would lend themselves too much to the whole "faceless bumbling goon" thing. I just can't stand that. I prefer bad guys who aren't one dimensional stereotypes. Unfortunately, it seems the character of Indiana Jones has painted himself into the corner when it comes to saving the world. Maybe Indyfans (who, by and large, are either professional or amateur historians/archaeologists) could accept Indy saying things like, "I've got to stop them from destroying this dig site!"; but the average movie-going John Q. Public would probably prefer something a little more dramatic. I suppose saving the world doesn't have to be Indy's ultimate goal in Indy 4...there's always "fortune and glory." Human greed might be a useful substitute for despotic delusions of grandeur. I've taken up enough of your time, I gather! Thanks for the intelligent conversation!
: -graml

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]