I was out of town and missed the forum's "FedoRumble 2000"...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from udialup190.mpls.uswest.net on August 14, 2000 at 11:33:36:

I scrolled down and caught up on what "went down" a while back regarding someone's question as to which hat is the better choice. Mr. "Cueball" had some interesting points to share about his Peters Bro's and his Herbert Johnson. I got physically ill and nearly puked up my Chalupa when I read how his HJ came in such shotty shape. His brim was cut with corners, his bow sucked ass, and the freakin' crease on the front of the hat was way off center. I've been sayin' for nearly a year that the HJ bow is bull. From the pictures I've seen the bow's a joke. The bottom's aren't even flush with the rest of the ribbon. As for the the cornered brim, there's no excuse for that, I cut a dimensional cut on my own hat and it had no "corners"(and I haven't been 'making hats since 1980').

I got a kick out of Gregg's blatant denile of HJ's lack of skill. He claimed it was the customers' faults for not giving a more detailed order. I really liked his pizza analogy. Apparently when he orders pizza he likes to remind the Domino's guy to make the crust round, add sauce and cheese, and make sure to stick it in the oven.

I've never seen a PB or a HJ in person, but what I hear and saw online, the HJ is an overpriced piece of crap. If I was going to drop $300(yes Gregg, I said $300) on a fedora from a man whose been 'making them since 1980', I'd hope I'd be safe in taking it for granted that he knew how the hell to make one.

One more thing that Gregg said that made me laugh 'til I urinated was that the reason the HJs were crappy is because the customers were less than insanely pleasant and respectful when they ordered. In other words, unless you kiss some major HJ ass, your $300 will go directly down the toilet and you'll get a hat that looked like Stevie Wonder put it together. That's the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard. So if I try on a pair of Nike running shoes at Foot Locker and don't majorly kiss the clerk's ass, I can rest assured that he'll switch the boxes in the store room and I'll come home with ProWings?

Oh hey, before I end this post and allow for another "FedoRumble" to start, I'd like to mention Michaelson's post about his "contact" overseas who ordered his HJ in person. If I went to pick up my $300 dollar hat at the shop and found out it was a piece of shit, I'd've told that uppity son of a bitch to gimme my money back and shove his "Est. 1980" hat right up his prissy little ass. I can't believe the contact let Mr. Swayles talk to him that way. "I been makin' hats sine 1980 and I think I should know how they oughta look"...what a prick. That in itself makes me NEVER wanna get a HJ.

Peace out and LLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLEE!
Austin....Danger Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]