Re: "If you are Scottish lord, then I am Jesse Owens!"

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MaDHaTTeR from Na.NuNa.Nu on August 04, 1998 at 11:34:00:

In Reply to: Re: "If you are Scottish lord, then I am Jesse Owens!" posted by Michaelson on August 04, 1998 at 10:56:52:

: :
: : : : does anyone else notice harrsion ford nearly mouthing the butler's line about the tapestries? check out the scene! watch his lips...

: : : : nitzsche

: : : According to Last Crusade info, he says "I am Jesse Owens", The runner who dashed Hitler's dream of his Arian atheletes at the Berlin Olympics in 1936. Problem was, Lucas didn't think that many people would even know who Jesse Owens was, so they dubbed Mickey Mouse in it's place. Regards. Michaelson

: : I have a c.d. that tells the story of Last Crusade (about 45 min long!) that I bought back in 1989 and it contains the excised line "...then I am Mae West..." It's kind of a shocker to hear when you're mouthing along the word to the movies as I'm sure we all have done at some point! Off hand I can't remember, but I know there's a few more lines on the c.d. that alas, didn' t make it into the final cut.
: : Sean

: That's very interesting. What is the cd title? It contridicts everything that is currently written about that excised line. Regards. Michaelson

I can verify that, I have that CD also. I got it once thinking it was the LC SoundTrack. It looked different though, but I got it anyways. It's called "The Story of (in small print!) Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade". The story is told by Sallah (wonderful job) and there are a lot of cuts from the movie (dialog). It's a great collector's item, but I only saw it once in my life in a store (as well as the $30 Temple of Doom DC Import) so I don't think it's easy to find. Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]