That is correct, according Noel. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on August 17, 2000 at 10:25:02:

In Reply to: Noel Howard? posted by Indiana Valdez on August 17, 2000 at 00:41:33:

: Say, did I hear I little while back that Noel Howard supplied the tie for the movie? And that he was going to make it available in his Indy clothing line-up pretty soon?

: : : I recently re-watched "Last Crusade" and noticed that Indy wears that tie through at least half the movie (until he ends up in Berlin and gets Hitler's autograph in the Grail Diary). I think it looks charcoal grey, but I guess it's black. Either way, it doesn't match the brown earthtones of the rest of his outfit, but that doesn't really matter; a real man mismatches his clothes. (Right now I'm wearing a seersucker sportcoat with plaid Sansabelt slacks.) I'm relatively new to this; are there any explanations? I checked Indy Gear, as I always do before posting questions that may seem silly, but there was just a description of it. Was he going formal for a reason?

: : : And what about his socks? (Just kidding about those.)

: : : Hurry, I can't sleep until I know.

: : : Your kinder and gentler Cueball

: : In 1938, a man driving across Europe in a sports car with a beautiful woman wore a tie. It's not until he gets to Iskendrun that Indy is without the tie. Look at all the serials from that time. Practically everyone is wearing a tie and a fedora, unless they're in some kind of costume, like Spysmasher or Captain Marvel. Normal wear right up till the early Sixties really. Now you can get some sleep.
: : Cheers!

: : Ellison

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: