John Browning got 'em ALL right!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cueball from 1Cust234.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on August 17, 2000 at 12:24:38:

In Reply to: Re: Hi-Power Pistol theory posted by Michaelson on August 17, 2000 at 11:28:57:

: Understand. I'd doubt he'd have a brand loyalty, though, as he carries everything from a Smith and Wesson, to a Colt, to a Webley, to the Browning.....I think he's using what is available at the time. (or at least the writer did. (grins)) I'll say the P-35 is about the nicest firing 9 mm I've ever shot. Very well made pistol. John Browning got that one right. Regards. Michaelson

Yes, the Hi-Power is definitely a pleasant 9mm shooter, much better than a double-action modern gun with a plastic frame. (Oops, I've stirred-up the Glock crowd, now! Have them wait for me in the off-topic forum.) And the Hi-Power was way ahead of its time for the high capacity magazine crowd.

This discussion has been had before, but I still believe Indiana Jones would've carried a Colt 1911 (my personal favorite). Can't back this one up like I can with a Peters Bros. fedora or a pair of shiny new Aldens, though. But, since I like them all so much I'm now wearing nothing but the Peters Bros. hat, the Aldens, the black knee-high socks I usually wear with my sandals, and my pearl-handled Colt 1911 commercial model in a "Dirty Harry" shoulder holster.

The secretaries are really whispering about me now. Probably just jealous. I think I'll report them to the nice policemen who just pulled up in front of our building.

Cueball

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]