Funny you should say that...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.91 on August 17, 2000 at 15:10:30:

In Reply to: Be careful though... posted by Michaelson on August 17, 2000 at 11:26:10:

: : A while ago I mentioned that my new Alden boots came in a rougher leather that didn't look like they'd take polish well (like my first pair). Well, it's been a couple of weeks now and I must say they are sporting quite a shine. I'm looking down at them now as I type and admiring their beauty. I like them so much I'm not wearing ANYTHING else except the knee-high black socks I usually wear with my sandals. The secretaries here think I'm eccentric.

: : So, please be assured the Aldens have not changed.

: : Cueball

: ...you'l catch yourself admiring them more than you used to, and start walking into walls and doors more. Been there, STILL doing that! (grins) Regards. Michaelson

We just had a impromptu company meeting regarding how our apprearance can affect others perceptions of us professionally. Our CEO used the expression "You can tell what a man does by looking at his shoes." I wear a pair of Aldens everyday to work, so I just had to ask what that said about me - the controller. My boots and leather jacket have earned me a bit of a reputation here. "Good taste", "not trendy", and "I don't think I'd want to piss you off" were the responses I received - maybe they're afraid I'd step on their toes with these steel-reinforced monsters!

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: