As a matter of fact my brother (Indiana James/Ice Tray/The Big Red) is working on that. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from aig65386y28se.ab.hsia.telus.net on August 17, 2000 at 17:42:43:

In Reply to: What about in young Indy? (NM) posted by Briede on August 17, 2000 at 17:31:00:

: : I was inspired by Entertainment Weekly's little column that's been appearing in the magazine which keeps track of the body count for all of the summer movies (so far 435 deaths total). I wondered "What's the body count for the Indy movies" and so since I lack something resembling a life, I rewatched the trilogy with a piece of paper and pencil keeping track of all the on-screen death viewed in this series. Here are the figures:

: : Raiders of the Lost Ark featured 55 on-screen deaths (32 from the wrath of God, 13 shootings, 3 fell to their deaths, 2 died from explosions, 2 died from booby trap and poison dart related deaths, one was run over, and one airplane propellor mutilation).

: : Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom surprisingly was the underperformer of the trilogy in the respect of on-screen deaths with only 28 deaths (11 were alligator lunch, 8 shootings, 3 from a mine-cart accident, 2 fell to their death, and ritualistic human sacrifice, stabbings, and ceiling fan mutilations all got 1 a piece).

: : Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade got 50 on-screen deaths (25 shootings, 13 from explosion-related deaths, 3 fall to their death, 2 were run over, 2 from airplane accidents, 1 from a motorcycle accident, and 1 of accelerated aging).

: : This gives a grand total of 133 deaths. Amazing stuff! :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]