It always does

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dr.Jones from spider-th084.proxy.aol.com on August 19, 2000 at 04:57:01:

In Reply to: RAIDERS won the night @ Hollywood Bowl posted by Adam on August 19, 2000 at 03:23:44:

Raiders is always the favorite. Tonight was my third year seeing John at the Hollywood Bowl. He always closes with The Raiders March.

It always amazes me how long it takes the audience to realize that it's "The Raiders March." They always wait until the first four brass notes until they applaud. I don't know about you guys, but I start applauding when I hear the drums. You might say I'm a "John Williams Name That Tune" type of guy.

I got there right at intermission. I had some car trouble, of all nights! I was bummed that I missed HOOK, one of my favorite Williams scores. I have yet to see him ever play Superman. Over the past 3 years, he has never played it. It's one of my favorites as well. Same with the theme from 1941.

I was a little bummed that he didn't play anything from the classic Star Wars saga. The Celebration March at the end of Star Wars, when they're getting their metals, is Amazing live! He played it last year and then went right into the Star Wars theme. It was amazing. Last year was also the West Coast premiere of the Phantom Menace music. He played Anakin's Theme, The Pod Race Parade March, and the brought out the choir for Duel of the Fates. It was amazing. The Amistad score is also amazing live. Especially with thr choir.

Here's my thought. When Star Wars had it's 20th anniversary, he did a "nothing but" Star Wars concert at the Hollywood Bowl. The characters were there, X-Wings and TIE Fighters flew over the crowd, everything. What are the odds that he would do a Raiders 20th anniversary concert next year??? Think it would happen?

All and all, it was, once again, a wonderful evening at the Bowl. The stars were out, the crickets were signing, the moon was shinning. The night couldn't have been any better. Once again, thank you John!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]