Re: Lee Kepler belt recieved (Leather colors)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dr.Brody from spider-tl013.proxy.aol.com on August 21, 2000 at 03:41:57:

In Reply to: Lee Kepler belt recieved (Leather colors) posted by Canadiana Jones on August 19, 2000 at 20:24:52:

: Picked up my Kepler belt and whipholder today at the post office.
: The leather is a nice finished quality unlike the strap from Noel Howard. The only thing I found strange was that the whipholder which is attached to the belt is a different color than the belt itself.
: I'd say the whipholder matches the holsters orangey leather but with a little less red tint.
: All in all with the whole belt together with the whip and holster,
: I have 4 distintly unique leathers going on. I originally envisioned them all being the dark brown color of my belt. Can anyone shed some light on the leather shades of the belt setup? Here's how my stuff is.

: Belt - Dark Brown
: Whipholder - Orangey brown
: Whip - Pinkish Brown (getting darker though from being in sun)
: Holster - Orangey Red brown

: Canadiana Jones

: If you check the back cover of STARS, you will notice the belt is dark brown and the whipholder is natural oil finish(tan). The probable reason for this is, when putting a piece of wardrobe together, they use what's available. Another possible reason is the wardrobe designer may have wanted a crude"Indy made it himself."look. Regardless, the colors are correct. On darkening the whip, I smear them with Picard's and place in sunlight, turning every couple of hours until golden brown.....oops! I mean until desired color is obtained(could'nt resist). Don't let the Picard's dry out! Dr.Brody

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]