Is it really worth it?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian K. from kbowen.xyplex.com on August 21, 2000 at 20:14:58:

In Reply to: US Authentic... posted by Patterson on August 21, 2000 at 19:21:57:

I know this may sound stupid, but....

Is it even worth it, Patterson? I just ask because Indy Gear's mission, as I understood it, was to give info on the most accurate gear possible for the true enthusiast, which seems to have been done between the Wested and Cooper jackets. I guess what I'm asking is, is indygear.com devoted to giving the most complete information on gear and alternatives, or to finding information on the most accurrate gear? (Maybe both! :)

Just my own cursory inspection from the pics they have on their site, but the flaps over the front pockets look misshapen, the color of the leather looks much too light, and the leather itself seems to be more plastic-like than anything else. (Probably just lacking the wonderful texturing of the lambskin, which I personally LOVE). If my eyes don't deceive me, I think I also see SNAPS under the collar?!?! and I don't even have your critical eye or attention to detail either, so I'm sure you'll find many more inconsistencies with it than I ever could....Maybe it's just the photo or my cruddy monitor. The biswing back looks off too, although I can't immediately place my finger on it, and at $425, I'd rather have a Wested and save the rest of my dough for other Indy Gear :)

But I suppose, for the sake of completeness. It must be done...SOMEONE has to have this jacket. Otherwise they made up that testamonial, which I doubt highly as that would get them into heaps of legal trouble. If this is for IndyGear, I'd suggest just put up their official pics and ask for information from anyone who happens to have one. Indygear currently only has the single picture of the fantastic media jacket, right? That someone that's out there with one of those will eventually respond. I think the fact that even you can't find much info on this jacket just goes to show how well it's going over. It seems to me that they're targeting the people who just don't know about the other alternatives out there. It is the most expensive Indy jacket I've ever seen, and they don't even have the official license...or take the time to get the details right. for what other reason would someone buy it?

All this talk about the jacket just made me realize...I haven't lexoled the Wested in months...sounds like a good way to pass some time tonight :) Forgive my ramblings....

Regards
Brian K.

: Well, I cannot find anybody who has ever actually touched/seen/heard tell of one of these jackets...

: I'll keep digging as time permits.

: Cheers!

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: