Re: "If you are Scottish lord, then I am Jesse Owens!"

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from ki-proxy1.kosone.com on August 05, 1998 at 19:45:39:

In Reply to: Re: "If you are Scottish lord, then I am Jesse Owens!" posted by nitzsche on August 04, 1998 at 18:17:31:

: I've read that both jesse owens and mae west were screened, but neither name held any meaning for younger kids...thus the mickey mouse dubbing. since mae west is most famous for being a "well-endowed" starlet, i don't think that was aimed for kids either. both original takes were too obscure.

: but, aside from that, does anyone else notice slight lip movement from ford, as if he's keeping pace for comedic timing?

: --nitzsche

Interesting point - in the Empire Strikes Back, Harrison Ford does the same thing...when the Falcon is in the asteroid field, and Han Solo and Princess Leia are exchanging wits, she says something to the effect of "Captain, being held by you isn't quite enough to get me excited..." or something like that, and Mr. Ford mouths along the line..I'm no actor, i don't know if this is a common practice or something that Mr. Ford employs, who knows.
Hey, that's interesting about the Last Crusade story narrated by Sallah. The c.d. I have is definately not narrated by Sallah, just some schmo, and it's actually a pretty good little listen, excised lines and all. If anyone is interested, I can dig it out and post the product number and all that stuff so you can try and order it somewhere, but I'm sure it's out of print by now. Let me know if you're interested.
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]