Screening & Toys McCoy

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Adam from spider-tp073.proxy.aol.com on August 23, 2000 at 04:33:14:

In Reply to: Good idea Adam posted by Dr.Jones on August 23, 2000 at 00:45:32:

: Hey man, I live in L.A. I missed the Pasadena showing, but there's no way I'm going to miss the Egyptain showing. I was thinking of going in costume. Anyone else going in costume? Let's put together an Indy group. We can all dress up as characters. I'll be Indy. :D Email and we can talk abotu it.

: Dr.Jones

Well, I'll post some more info as the date approaches. And while I'd love an opportunity to show off my Indy costume (including a special $300 kangaroo bullwhip that I bought way back in 1992) there's NO WAAAY I'd ever wear it in public unless I was with a large group of people also doing the same. (Save for Halloween; and in Hollywood, you can practically wear a dress and not have anyone notice you on that day, at least.)

If there's enough people who've expressed an interest beforehand to me, I'll consider taking some pictures of the screening and forwarding them to Micah to post. (Including an image of the mural.)

Finally, off topic, I ordered the TOYS McCOY "BLADE RUNNER"-esque figure. I hope it will come in October, as promised. I could kick myself for not getting the McCOY INDIANA JONES FIGURE last year -- the initial price was too high for me at the time. Now, even opened boxes for sale on ebay cost $500 or so -- and that's a hefty portion of a week's salary after taxes for me (damn the IRS). How many of you are in the under $50K range, like me??? Toys McCoy should have a special discount for Indyfans who are too poor to feed their obsessions. It could be worse, though -- had I been a STAR WARS fan, it'd be impossible to buy everything out there. Not having the McCoy figure is painful enough... Maybe next year...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]