Re: THX or plain Dolby? Or DVD too?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike from usm-0038-139.wans.net on August 05, 1998 at 20:23:48:

In Reply to: Re: THX or plain Dolby? Or DVD too? posted by Rocky on August 04, 1998 at 20:11:51:

: Well Paramount is getting on the bandwagon, with movies set to hit around October. No Indy titles yet however. One of the reasons could be that Steven Spielberg wants to hold off on all his movies until 1 million players have sold to give him a solid base to release his movies on. Don't get him wrong, my understanding is he is very much pro DVD, I think he justs wants to make sure the public is too. I know I am, bought a player last november and extremely pleased with it. I can't recommend everyone getting one enough. The quality is fantastic, and Indy will never look or sound better. (So much for my plug on DVD)
: I'm guessing next year for Indy on DVD. I think by that time processing of DVD's will be in full force and everyone will be happy with the format's success. But definately in THX, and 5.1 AC3

I heard from a sales rep at LaserDisc Enterprises that Speilberg is really waiting for the DTS format to be encoded on DVDs before he jumps it. I'm not sure how trut this is.

Mike

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]