Re: VHS + VHS = Not working? Here's why followup..

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by sas from dale.Austria.Eu.net on August 06, 1998 at 03:37:32:

In Reply to: Re: VHS + VHS = Not working? Here's why followup.. posted by Michaelson on August 05, 1998 at 10:07:22:

: That's good news for you. They are not available here in the US for that price. But it makes total sense to me, because you see more diversity in tapes there, where we see very few videotapes other than NTSC here in the US, therefore a standards conversion VCR isn't exactly a big draw in the sales department. The only reason I have access to one here at the University is because we have so many foreign students attending, and much of their research video has been done in PAL, and therefore must be converted to NTSC for viewing on our equipment. The price, as I stated, was $2,000, and that was 3 years ago. It was the least expensive on the market then. Last look-see, it ran $2500. Regards. Michaelson

Yup. You're right. It's because of all that good stuff coming from the US :) Few years ago it was nearly impossible to get a NTSC player (except you imported one). But during the last three years the companies changed their policy and made multistandard systems available.

sas

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]