Re: Another option....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Shorty from 196-28-48-100.prtc.net on August 24, 2000 at 11:28:38:

In Reply to: Another option.... posted by Chris Thomas on August 24, 2000 at 10:47:28:

Also, I'm sure when Indy IV comes out that there will be a toy line for it, and based on the immense popularity of the Toys McCoy figure, I'm sure there will be an affordable ($20-$30) 12" Indy figure.

: Hope this helps with your decision.

: Chris

Well the problem with an Indy4 line Chirs is simple,If its not from Asia your just gonna get a 2nd rate Hasbro piece of crap with a bad head sculpt,if you haven't noticed by now its more people that buy a "Marmit Stormtrooper" than a normal hasbro trooper,all of this is because of the incredible detail these people pay attention to,BOTH the Marmit Stormtrooper and the Toys McCoy indy where 1st researched for authenticity and then made...you don't see that from Hasbro do you?

Hasbro pays little attention to detail,never gets the headsculpt right and always use those crummy bodies which have very little articulation,Now DRAGON(which is an action figure manufacturer in Hong Kong that makes great WW2 and modern figures,which i mention all the time) pays incredible attention to detail,always has good headsculpts and they use a better body with articulation higher than all the other 12 inch figures(they even have flexible skin to cover the figures articulation joints and poseable hands!)and best of all,the most important thing Dragon does that NO US toy manufacturer does is....Listen to the fans! the people that buy the toys! the only time Hasbro does that is thanks to the nagging all the Star Wars fans make when they want something,if they ever make another Indy figure i'd rather buy it if it was made in asia...i'm un satisfied with Hasbro and the poor treatment they have with their SW toys(i stopped collecting after they ruined everything before Episode 1.) they ruined the SW line by stopping production of good figures so they could make more room for Episode 1 toys and they raised the prices just because of 1 commtech chip,Hasbro is unfair to the fans,again they stopped making 4 of last years greatest action figures because they used a commtech chip(the new stormtrooper,Han Solo from the cantina,Darth Maul sith lord and Darth Vader.) my opinion is:

When it comes to action figures Asia beats the crap out of the US in quality.

Hasbro Sucks and Dragon rules.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]