I'll remember that too. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on August 24, 2000 at 18:33:33:

In Reply to: Re: It's all at the IndyGear FAQ, but....Okay, I should've checked there first, but it's so much easier to have you do all the work . (sneers)(nm) posted by Cueball on August 24, 2000 at 18:18:19:

: : : : : : : I just noticed something with my Wested, and it's bothering me to no end. on the corner of the back of the jacket, just below where the horizontal stitching line is across the shoulders, there is a small area of discoloration where the leather appears almost tan. It's I'd say about 1 cm long and 1/2 cm wide. Has anything like this ever happened to anyone and is there a solution for fixing it? I want my jacket to look as good as new for as long as possible.

: : : : : : : Regards,
: : : : : : : Brian K.

: : : : Sounds to me like dye has leeched out of the leather in that location. Has it been wet at anytime in the recent past? Use some Pecards dressing in that location and rub it in, using some elbow grease to make sure it goes deep into the surface. I'm not a big fan of the dressing for lambskin, but in cases like this, I have had success in replacing coloration at wear points using the Pecards dressing. Allow to sit in a warm spot. I usually hang mine in the shower overnight, as it's usually the warmest place in the house. Once the Pecards soaks in, the color is usually back, and the area can be rubbed briskly to restore the shine. This is what I've done in the past with much success. Regards. Michaelson

: : Letap is best, but is only available in the U.K. Lexol is good and readily available in the US. Pecards does not tend to penetrate the lambskin like it does on cowhide. The leather seems to remain tacky for a long time, or at least has been this writers experience to date. Pecards is a godsend for the distressed cowhide, but I recommend the Lexol leather conditioner for lambskin if you can't get Letap. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]