GOOD SHOW, KEEP US POSTED!(NM)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from 24.116.26.62 on August 25, 2000 at 22:17:49:

In Reply to: Just too quiet ou there, so how about this for the jacket-junkies... posted by Patterson on August 25, 2000 at 13:09:05:

: Well, the jacket-related noise from a few weeks ago is paying off. There are two companies with original Raiders jacket prototypes in the works. Both are located in the US. A group of us are expecting to see these final prototypes as early as next week, but certainly within the next two weeks. What I'm hearing is VERY promising.

: Features include the correct side strap configuration and placement, correct bi-swing depth and action, underarm gussets for increased arm mobility, a baseline jacket made from high quality heavy lambskin (that doesn't smell), seams that line-up correctly, and a durable and comfortable lining material. Estimated prices will be somewhere in the $300-$350 range. Based on the quality of the one complete prototype I have seen, the samples of materials, and the quality of the jackets both companies already produce, these will definitely be worth every dollar. Premium skin/hide upgrades will also be available sometime shortly after the initial launch.

: My advice to any of you getting ready to place an order with Wested for an original Raiders jacket? Sit tight for just a little longer. Based on the current delay from Wested, I'd be willing to bet you'll get your jacket faster anyway.

: These jackets are based on the detailed observations, notes, measurements, interviews, and general blood, sweat, and yes-even tears of myself, Dr. Brody, and Michaelson - in no particular order. I've enjoyed being a part of this quest, and would like to thank the two of them for allowing me to play in the sandbox with them.

: The intent has been to get a jacket that is true in every detail to the original Raiders of the Lost Ark jacket, and to have it available to the fan - period. That is what it sounds like we'll have very shortly.

: Personally, I'm pretty excited.

: How's that for a "Coming Attractions" teaser?

: Cheers!

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: