Re: Raiders Fedora

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dakota Ellison from spider-wm082.proxy.aol.com on August 26, 2000 at 10:58:35:

In Reply to: Raiders Fedora posted by West on August 25, 2000 at 22:21:12:

: Just a quick question... I'm going to be ordering my fedora (finally, thanks to banking problems I've had to wait... impatiently) and I was wondering I am aiming for the idol look at the beginning of Raiders and was wondering if the hat in that scene had a slight curl in the back or not? Also, the fedora on the PB webpage has what looks to me as to have a shallow center dent in the top of the crown, is the center dent supposed to be that shallow or not? As usual any help would be great. Can't wait to get my hat!!!!

: Cheers!
: West

That's my fedora, and the center dent is about an inch deep. I lowered it a little at the back. In "Raiders", when Indy runs to the truck and it explodes, you can see quite a cleft at the back of the hat. If you look closely at the bow in the films you can see the edge of a second bow under the rear of the bow. The bow on mine looks good, but if Joe is getting a white liner in, I might send mine back at some future date to redo the ribbon and the liner. I'm pretty pleased with the way it looks now, though. Interested to see how Patterson's turns out. Also, mine had a little too much downward pitch, so I flattened that out a bit and curved up the rear of the brim just a little. Hope this helps.
Cheers!

Ellison

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: