Re: Hey Guys...I have a ? about a copy of a Toys Mccoy Indy head I won on ebay.....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Adam from spider-tj053.proxy.aol.com on August 26, 2000 at 14:09:05:

In Reply to: Hey Guys...I have a ? about a copy of a Toys Mccoy Indy head I won on ebay..... posted by David on August 26, 2000 at 13:09:18:

When dealing with items on auction, particularly a "private" (non-commercial) sale of a personal item via ebay, a lot of leeway is granted.

It is my understanding that you may indeed sell replicas of the Indy head over ebay, on the condition that you do not claim that the head is an original, authentic one from Toys McCoy, but a replica (or, in this case, one copy molded from an original.

Many merchants sell replicas of items -- a plaster Maltese Falcon or Golden Idol, etc -- made from the original mold, if not a 2nd "generation" mold. This is legal, so long as they do not claim that they are the originals, and indicate that they are duplicates.

Ebay is an outlet for private auctions -- that is, the merchants don't need to place magazine ads or commercials outside that forum (to do so requires a business license) in order to sell something.

The best advice is to simply be as honest and accurate as possible in your descriptions of the items you are selling.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]