The response from Peter does not surprise me...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.91 on August 28, 2000 at 11:07:29:

In Reply to: Peter Botwright told me a few months back when he first began offering the jacket in a chocolate blackish colored cowhide that it was the closet to the actuall color of the original raiders jacket, so my eyes are just fine, thank you(nm) posted by Ravenwood on August 27, 2000 at 21:01:40:

..but the jacket I saw was clearly dark brown. The two ToD jackets I've seen were also dark brown. Until very recently there was a complete denial that any jackets ever had gussets under the arms - but the original I saw did in fact have them.

Some people will tell you what they think you want to hear. They do it for a variety of reasons - approval, acceptance, respect, and some just want to sell you something...

Actually the closest thing I've seen with respect to the color of the original jacket I held in my hands is my predistressed cowhide Wested. The brown coloration is very dark brown, and when viewed in relation to the lighter weathered parts, it does in fact look black.

Remember you're looking at a film. Lighting and color have been manipulated to achieve mood and atmosphere...

The sample of lambskin I've seen for the new jacket is very true to the original, and the weight and finish are superior to anything I've seen come out of the UK. It is planned to offer a horsehide version as well. This will be a bit more expensive, but anybody who has ever had the opportunity to own a quality horsehide jacket will tell you it is worth it. This hide is a bit lighter and has more red in it.

Good stuff all around!

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: