Re: Gun chronology

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on August 07, 1998 at 07:09:49:

In Reply to: Re: Gun chronology posted by Major Paul on August 07, 1998 at 01:37:13:

: : Michealson,
: Man, you're thorough! That was the best summation I've seen since I started following these postings back in Vault 4. Now I understand the intensity of previous sidearm discussions. There were so many pistols employed throughout the series. -MP

Thank you for your kind remarks. If you want a more rousing "discussion" about something outside the Indy ring, get a couple of gun collectors started on something. Those arguments can literally last for years. Max and I have had nummerious discussions offline regarding these items. I think we're more sticklers regarding the "correctness" of weaponery for a movie in a time period than most other hobbyists. Nothing bothers me more to see a movie made that is absolutely correct in all aspects on costume and period pieces, then they haul out a sidearm that wouldn't have been even produced for another 50 years! Indiana Jones movies have, to my eye, been correct to their time period. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]