FAO Patterson - regarding jacket details.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Satipo from spider-mtc-tc052.proxy.aol.com on August 29, 2000 at 04:14:34:

I, like yourself, am interested in getting the most accurate reproduction of the Raiders jacket possible and I admire your efforts to make this possible for everyone here. But there are a few things that trouble me which I was wondering if you could clear up.

1) Wested feature a statement with their jackets that states they have the original patterns from 1980. Do you feel that a) they are perhaps making this up and simply working from alterations to their patterns for the Last Crusade jacket; or b) that the original Raiders patterns lack the detail sufficent for making an accurate reproduction, or c) that they are simply being sloppy in following the original patterns.

2) How accurate, authentic and detailed are the patterns you supplied to the manufacturer. Are you working with measurements obtained through the video equipment you mentioned (in which case the measurements' accuracy would be dubious), or the original Raiders jacket that you located? If the latter, then how can you be certain that this jacket is indeed a true original Raiders jacket example?

3) Without literally dissecting an original jacket and rebuilding it from scratch or being supplied with the complete set of patterns from which the original was made, I find it difficult to imagine how anyone could create a reproduction more faithful overall to the original than the one offered by the person who made the original. Obvious details such as buckle shapes and pocket positions I can accept, but what about the more subtle features such as jacket shape and 'behind the scenes' stitching.

Not nitpicking, just extremely interested.

Adios,

Satipo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: