Grow up...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Beowulf from FPARK-244-108.usae.bah.com on August 29, 2000 at 11:34:01:

In Reply to: Star Trek vs. Indiana Jones posted by Indiana Slick or Slicko Kidd on August 28, 2000 at 17:27:36:

Yeah right, Indiana Jones fans are never nerds, geeks or losers. Have you looked at the majority of the posts here lately?!? All anyone talks about are the stupid hats and jackets they've purchased! If you are labelling the Star Trek fans who dress up in costumes as losers then more than half of the people posting here will have to be lumped into that category as well.

And your point about Star Trek fans not being able to get laid while Indy fans can based on the fact that Indy gets laid is asinine. If that argument works, then Star Trek fans get laid a LOT more than Indy fans. Look at how many women Kirk hooked up with over the course of the original series alone. And then there's Riker in ST-TNG...

I'm a fan of both (I don't see why being a fan of one excludes you from being a fan of the other). Trying to start a silly little flame war between fans is the height of immaturity in my opinion. It's like regressing to recess time in grammar school...

: Here is the number one problem with Star Trek. Trekkies. Otherwise known as LOSERS. See fans of Star Trek are synonymous with being nerds and/or geeks. everybody knows it. It's like a trademark. And as cueball said, at least we can get laid.

: Now, I may be assuming too much here guys, and correct me if I'm wrong, but we Indy fans maybe take a few pointers from Dr. Jones. You know? And he always gets the girl.... A.K.A. we get the girls.

: In fact, I think that Micah should start a section of his website like this. Indiana Jones vs. Star Trek or any other competing shows or movies that have gotten a "cult" status. We should prove to the world how Indy beats all. But I'm probably getting very ahead of myself and a little kooky. But I thought it sounded pretty good for a while. Come on guys! Lets make some noise, get this sight in the news, it's about time

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]