Ah, NOW I understand

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on August 29, 2000 at 13:05:41:

In Reply to: Re: Not sure I understand posted by Steve Ross Nicholson on August 29, 2000 at 06:22:04:

I appreciate you filling out that additional information below. It puts your posting in an entirely different light. This was entirely a political announcement. I see. I was in college during the same time period that you're expounding about below, and I sure don't remember things the way you do. I do remember a land slide defeat for the Democrats during that period, the ending of the Viet Nam war the next year, and other items that would bring warm and fuzzy feelings to an individual that are credited to the other political party, as well as bad, and your list should reflect the same where it doesn't, but that's not what this forum was about to my knowledge, and your "story" is still just interesting, and without any sort of credible documentation, it seems to still be just that, a story. Regards. Michaelson

: : Ross, you do understand that all your information is subject to a great deal of scrutiny, as your lead in states the "hard time" opening I just don't understand why you're writing all this down here, especially after almost 20 years have passed and not one word of this has ever been reported by any of the priciple parties involved.

: Spielberg did not create the character of Indy, George Lucas did. George Lucas, according to all published books and their own quoted accounts, then told the idea to "Steve" in the late 1970's during a trip to Hawaii, with the information that he wanted the character to have all the characteristics of the old "B" movie heros, like Jungle Jim et.al. Spielberg stated he based his idea of Indy on a movie he liked that starred Charleton Heston, "The Secret of the Incas" (also documented in several places) basing the Indy costume on Heston's leather jacket and fedora. Now all this is found in several books and publications, and all taken from interviews from the two men in question, and yet you're stating that the character is based on an idea that Speilberg got from and outfit that Slick Willie was dressed in back during his hey day of campaigning for MoGovern in 1972?! Strange indeed. Like I said, I'm not sure I understand your reasons, but it does make interesting reading. Regards. Michaelson

: Yeah, the truth of the matter is actually extremely strange, except that you have to understand the situation.

: In 1972, we were losing. Communism was expanding and Democracy was shrinking. We decided to do something about it, and we poured our hearts out to bring about the changes you have all witnessed in your lifetimes. Thoughtful, heartfelt prayers led to the many changes we devised, which brought victory for freedom.
: Here's a partial list of the programs we came up with:

: 1) Deadbeat Dad laws
: 2) Americorps (Entirely Clinton)
: 3) Hope Scholarship
: 4) Family leave
: 5) Ending persecution of law-abiding, rule-abiding homosexuals in the military
: 6) Real power for minorities, not just tokenism or window dressing
: 7) Freedom of religious speech in the federal workplace
: 8) Lawful and allowable prayer/religious study in school
: 9) Tobacco fight for American health
: 10) Tuskeegee and Africa apologies for racist medical experimentation and slavery
: 11) Celebrations of civil rights victories with ceremonies and awards for surviving participants
: 12) Movies/movie ideas: Braveheart, Schindler's List, E.T., Close Encounters, Independence Day, Armageddon, Deep Impact, Raiders and Young Indiana Jones, Always, Joan of Arc (CBS), Zoro, many others.

: and movies with themes/motifs derived from the period:
: Star wars (the Force, the dark side, training, the Jedi)
: Back to the future
: Touched by an Angel
: American Tail

: and newer movies "we" have helped with recently:
: Good Will Hunting
: Gladiator
: The Patriot
: Here on Earth

:
: Steve, Me and Clinton parted company (Steve left first) and we did not stay in touch. Since Steve has based pretty much his entire career on our work together long ago (well, the successful part, anyway) and does not have anything in paperwork from me (aside from a notorized contract to pay me millions of dollars, 22 millions of 1982 dollars for E.T. alone), he's just worried, I guess? He has literally thousands of families depending upon him for the good jobs that keep them going. What, about 50,000 people? Take Spielberg out of cinema and you cut the heart out of the American movie industry. Steve takes his responsibility very seriously. He should.

:
: : : : So who am I, right? Look at your copy of the VHS movie, E.T. the extraterrestrial. I'm the "Ross Nicholson" whose name appears on the original concept drawings for the E.T. which you can see in the movie itself. In the scene just before Elliot frees the frogs, his biology teacher picks up a piece of paper from Elliot's school desk. Those are my original concept drawings for the character of E.T. The famous E.T. logo is just my handwriting! Is that weird or what? So find my name before you decide to trash me, ok? Thanks.

: Well, look at your copy of E.T. and see my name on my drawings. Surely the significance of that fact will not be lost upon intelligent beings, eh? See Steve's most successful movie speaks of me, so shouldn't you listen to what I have to say? Go back and see that 54 movie again (there was another one with Gary Cooper in the Spanish Civil War).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]