Kangaroo!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0811.cvx7-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on August 29, 2000 at 17:36:56:

In Reply to: Re: Goatskin..?! posted by Fedora on August 29, 2000 at 17:08:50:

: :
: : : I am anxious to see what your impressions are as for as authenicity. Do you have any idea as to whether or not this company will offer this jacket in goatskin, as I understand this and horsehide are the toughest leather available without getting into the exotic leathers. Regards, Fedora

: : Although I have no idea who is going to make these jackets, IMHO it just wouldn't look right in goatskin no mater who made it. Wrong sort of grain to the leather with goatskin. Horsehide would be fine. Hope this helps.

: : Tim...

: When I compare my new lambskin Wested to my goatskin A-2, there is a distinct difference in the size of the "pebbling", if that is even the proper word. The pebbles on the lambskin are smaller , while the goatskin has larger pebbles. While the original Indy jackets were made of lambskin, I personally think the goatskin would look really good, but not authenic of course. If this new jacket pans out, I would love to have one in goatskin, mainly because of the reported toughness of this leather. Regards, Fedora

Well, kangaroo hide should be the toughest, lightest and probably
most exotic (and expensive) hide. I have no idea how the texture
of that leather looks. Does anyone know? So far, I like lambskin
and pigskin the best for leather jackets. They are light and soft
and nice to touch (Please, DON'T go there!).
Fall Guy
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: