Re: All points valid, and addressed before...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Satipo from spider-tj034.proxy.aol.com on August 29, 2000 at 18:57:05:

In Reply to: All points valid, and addressed before... posted by Patterson on August 29, 2000 at 13:03:06:

: I have certain beliefs about the origin of Wested's patterns, for which I do not feel comfortable sharing the details. That is for somebody else to do if they feel so inclined. Suffice it to say that I doubt the original patterns exist anywhere except possibly in the Lucasfilm archives.

: The patterns we helped develop were based upon very detailed measurements taken from the original jacket I examined. The jacket came with the original property tags from Lucasfilms and Paramount, giving a clear audit trail from the time of production until the jacket was sold. The only document that could not be located was the actual sale receipt. I understand it has since been located and the jacket has been sold to a private collector where it will be restored.

: I took notes, made drawings, and compared it to the Wested Raiders I had with me. While I am no pattern maker, the detailed information was given to somebody who is. They have taken that information and made a fully functional jacket, i.e. the details have been interpreted and executed so that the gussets actually function and are not just another piece of trim. The side straps function in a logical way. The arms break in the right spots. The collar sits right - just below the shirt collar.

: Honestly, I'm pretty impressed. US Wings came back and said, "we just don't get these design details, and we cannot make a jacket that hangs right and functions". These other people have made a functional jacket.

: Hey, even if Peter is correct and this was a stunt jacket - so what. Ford did his own stunts, so he likely wore a jacket with gussets, etc... Frankly, I take the feedback I get out of the UK with more then a grain of salt. If I had a nickel for every inconsistent statement I’ve been personally told while on international long distance… But, hey – I have an auditing background, so what do I know about looking for inconsistency?

: As to the LC - I have to disagree with the observations on the collar stand. The Wested LC I have is correct with what I see on screen. Maybe that speaks to the consistency of the product that comes out of Wested more then it does to anything else?

: Cheers!

: Patterson

Thanks for answering my questions, Patterson. I look forward to the unveiling of the prototype.

Adios,

Satipo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: