Re: Doesnt this new jacket seem a little point-LESS??

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace064.utsi.edu on August 30, 2000 at 13:20:22:

In Reply to: Doesnt this new jacket seem a little point-LESS?? posted by Nathan Harbaugh on August 30, 2000 at 13:02:27:

: Dont get me wrong, I will probably end up ordering one of these anyway, but the whole idea strikes me as odd. If the design of this jacket is based on measurements taken from an original jacket, and Wested made those jackets, and they still use the original patterns, then why not just buy a Wested?? My main question is, how can a copy be more accurate than an original? I'm not discounting the work you guys have done, I'm just curious. Like I said, I will probably end up ordering one of these if they are proven reliable, accurate and a good deal.

To give Patterson a breather, I'll field this one, as it has been covered several times before. The jacket that we're currently receiving is made by the original maker of the jacket. The jackets we are receiving are NOT based on the original patterns, as each jacket is made differently for each individual. A ton of the original details that are inherient on the original jacket made for the movies were completely left out of the jackets now being produced by Wested, though can be added by special order. Wested still makes a top drawer jacket, and it's the original manufacturer, but what is coming out the door isn't THE pattern that Ford wore in the movie. This new jacket IS based on an original jacket, and all the small details currently being left off the current Wested is re-corporated BACK into a jacket, creating the first completely correct jacket detail for detail, as worn by Ford in the first movie. You're right in leaning toward the fact that this is for the more "anal retentive crowd" (that term seems to crop up more and more in these discussions (grins)), but it's real and on line soon. Hope this sheds a little more light on the subject. If not, scan back in the vaults and read all the strings of information. The entire "saga" is there. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]