Re: I guess I'm convinced...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cueball from 1Cust24.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on August 30, 2000 at 15:46:09:

In Reply to: I guess I'm convinced... posted by Nathan Harbaugh on August 30, 2000 at 15:39:00:

My sock monkeys are guaranteed for life! Now the sock monkey that the funny-looking, chubby kid, Bill from Arkansas, was peddling--that's a whole other story.

Cueball

: : Despite the claims of Peter Botwright, he does not have the original patterns. Examination of originals from all three movies lends predominantly to the conclusion that Wested produces a decent reproduction of the Last Crusade jacket, and that is all. Yes, he made the jackets for Raiders and Last Crusade. No, he did not make the jackets for Temple of Doom.

: : At one point Peter admitted he lost the originals. Then the cash register began ringing, and they were miraculously found again. The first jackets he made for fans had shoulder pads and dress suit seams, i.e. they were not top-stitched. The description I've heard was that they looked like something a bellhop would wear.

: I will take your word for it. It definetly sounds like you guys have had time to research all of this so I guess I'll be getting a 'Fan' jacket instead of a Wested. I just hope that it is well constructed. Nothing irks me more than something that literaly starts coming apart at the seams after a couple of months.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]