Re: Regarding Marion in TLC

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aragorn from dval13.nque.com on August 07, 1998 at 22:40:19:

In Reply to: Re: Regarding Marion in TLC posted by INDIANA G.J.R. on August 07, 1998 at 16:50:06:

:
: : As we all know, even though "Last Crusade" is set after the events in "Raiders", Marian never showed up to take part in the action and Indy ended up falling for Elsa. Not that I minded, I thought that Alison Doody was great.

: : Anyway, I was wondering. When George Lucas and the others involved first sat down to begin work on the film, was Marian origionally supposed to be incorporated into the story? Was Karen Allen already busy on some other project and was unavailable for the role?
: : I was simply curious. I remember once reading that the only reason Marian wasn't included included in "Temple" was because of the year the story took place.

: : Thanks,

: : Aragorn

: ARAGORN,
: From what i understand, there was a bit of bad blood between Karen Allen and Steven Speilberg after Raiders was made. Karen was quoted saying that Steven was a difficult director because he treats you like your a part of the scenary. I dont know how true this is or even if it was really said but its just an idea to consider. After all, i wish Karen could of been in more INDY flics!
: later,
: G.J.R.

It sounds logical, I suppose. If it is true, than it's a shame that they didn't better get along. Her role in the other two could have made them even better... if it could ever be possible.

Aragorn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]