Filson style 904 Boot Initial Impressions

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MF from h00105a17b29a.ne.mediaone.net on August 31, 2000 at 00:42:05:

OK, my Aldens have not been built yet (went to a reseller who specializes in the orthopedic shoes), but I'll give my impressions from a visual and comfort (without comparison to Aldens...yet ;-))

The shoe is a darker brown leather. Very nice appearance. i suspect from initial inspection that it will weather and wear nicely into a good distressed look.

The soles are Vibram; these guys make pretty good stuff ;-)

The footbed is cork. A previous thread on this was concerned with the stability of the shoe, but a day's worth of wearing leads me to believe that underlying the footbed is a solid cradle. Think Birkenstocks with a Vibram sole. No odd instabilities were noticed by my feet.

I'll continue to post about these as I wear them.

They were comfortable out of the box. The style is moc-toe like the Aldens and does a nice job of capturing the feel. These are not THE item, but I am a boot wearer and like variety. These capture the allusion visually very nicely.

I am normally a size 10 so I ordered a 10 and a 10 1/2 since I had no prior experience with these shoes. 10 turned out to be comfortable yet with room enough for wool socks. I expect that the cork footbed will make the boot roomier after extended wearing.

More rambling after more wearing.... ;-)

// mf

(MF needs to go place his Peter Bros. order!!!)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]