THANKS, AARON!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dr.Brody from spider-tk084.proxy.aol.com on September 01, 2000 at 01:31:19:

In Reply to: Look, PAL... posted by Aaron on August 31, 2000 at 22:22:41:

: : ...why don't you stop jerking us around and tell us who it is?

: : Listening to you spin yarns is almost as tedious as hearing HF tell us how excited and anxious he is to do Indy 4.

: : If you are on the up and up, OUT WITH IT ALREADY!!!

: Hey, I'm the last person in the world who wants to be on anybody's "bad side," but quite frankly, you need to TAKE A CLUE, here.

: I don't know if you have any experience with customer relations of any sort, but if you do, you're not using it.

: If Patterson or any of the "Big Four" [sorry, couldn't resist :) ] disclosed that information, not only would it shake/shatter the trust that those four have built with the company, it would most likely sour the company's opinion of the whole lot of us Indyfans, and thus, we may not get the degree of service that we want with these jackets, or the line may be ultimately discontinued. True, if they're the gentlemen that Patterson says they are, they'll probably still give us the same degree of high-quality service we've been promised, but the bottom line is, BE POLITE! Give them space to breath while they work out the final details...besides, why do you need to know who the manufacturer is right now?

: That brings up another point--the only reason we will ever need to know the "who"--aside from needing to know where to direct praise--is so we can order the jackets, WHEN THE TIME COMES. If the name was given out now, the currently unknown company would get bogged down with the emails, letters, and phone calls of impatient and rude Indyfans [which is not a catch-all tag for all of us, I hope! :) ] trying to get their orders in early, "so that they can have the very first jacket." What would this mean for the rest of us? The release of the jackets may come a few days later than it would have; and I'll tell you, as excited as most of us are, those extra few days would be excruciating [but liveable...sigh...]!

: So there you go...the knowledge that you should have had anyway.

: Aaron

: OMIGOSHWHATHAVEIDONE...erm, people...I'm really a nice person, normally, I swear...honestly... ...oh, shoot.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]