Re: What's YOUR favorite scene?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jones from dialup-177.vegas.net on August 08, 1998 at 11:28:01:

In Reply to: What's YOUR favorite scene? posted by Tommy K on August 07, 1998 at 20:46:12:

: Occasionally in movies (Indy's or not), there are scene where the actions and music and the whole shebang just stir me up and sometimes I break out into goosepimples, like during Draco's magnificent exit in "Dragonheart." With regards to Indy movies, the one that stirs me up the most is in "Last Crusade" when Indy pulls himself up from the tank after just missing the outcropping of rock, just after the driver is shot; remember that? Sheer determination in his eyes. Anyway, any scenes in which YOU feel this sensation? Even if not, what's YOUR favorite scene?

I have two really favorite Indiana Jones scenes, and they both come from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. My first is the one Tommy K just mentioned, where Indy just narrowly misses the rocks.
My secon favorite scene is when Indy rushed to his father's side and pours the water in the grail cup onto his bullet wound, which makes it disappear. The Power of God in the Grail. If you look at that scene, at Indy's face, at Brody making a sign of the cross, at the bullet wound as it disappears, and you listen to the music as all this happens, you'll know why I love this scene a lot.

(Spoiler warning. If you haven't seen Air Force One, yet, and you want to be surprised, don't read this part.)

Another favorite scene, actually two more, I have is from another Harrison Ford movie, Air Force One. The first is when President Marshall and Gary Oldman are wrestling on the cargo ramp, and you see Ford wrap a cord around the terrorist's neck and you hear him say: "Get off my plane." and he punches him, breaking his neck. My second favorite part is the dogfight between the fighters outside AFO. I liked the part when the lone F-15 fighter flies under Air Force One and pulls up the fighter so the missile blows his plane up, and saves the President and his family. Now that's what you call sacrifice. After that, you see the America squadron leader lock a missile onto the enemy plane that killed the pilot and you hear him say "Not so fast you son of a bitch!" then he fires the missile and blows him to kingdom come.

Sorry if this is too long, but I had to say something.

Indy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]