You, too? I was just funnin'. Everyone knows they couldn't use David Spade because...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cueball from 1Cust101.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on September 02, 2000 at 10:20:29:

In Reply to: Ford can still be INDY! posted by Indiana Slick on September 02, 2000 at 09:22:12:

Chris Farley isn't around to play Sallah!

Though I always liked the YIJC theme of having the REAL old Indy telling someone about the life he led, I can't see the fedora and jacket enshrined in his living room. We worship them, but he just considered them tools and probably would've thrown them out when they got too beat-up.

Cueball

: You guys have to remember one thing. The whole concept of INIANA JONES is that he CAN be old and still be the hero. IT'S NOT THE AGE, IT'S THE MILAGE. I think Harrison Ford could still play the wonderful character that he introduced to us so many years ago. Indiana was supposed to be about 40 in the LAST CRUSADE, right?

: I suggest that he plays a more settled down Indy, I want to see how Lucas and Spielberg can make Indy look as a parental figure. Maybe his daughter wouldn't belive all of those crazy adventures that he told her about, you know, drinking water from the cup of Christ. Maybe in his house you would find his Fedora in a glass case and his jacket framed above the fireplace. This brings a whole new interesting story, maybe he had to do one more job for his country before finally leaving.

: Oh, and by the way, the guy who suggested David Spade.....don't even get me on your case!

: Indiana Slick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]