Re: What's YOUR favorite scene?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Major Paul from 204.208.30.165 on August 08, 1998 at 23:07:38:

In Reply to: What's YOUR favorite scene? posted by Tommy K on August 07, 1998 at 20:46:12:

: Occasionally in movies (Indy's or not), there are scene where the actions and music and the whole shebang just stir me up and sometimes I break out into goosepimples, like during Draco's magnificent exit in "Dragonheart." With regards to Indy movies, the one that stirs me up the most is in "Last Crusade" when Indy pulls himself up from the tank after just missing the outcropping of rock, just after the driver is shot; remember that? Sheer determination in his eyes. Anyway, any scenes in which YOU feel this sensation? Even if not, what's YOUR favorite scene?

Actually, few scenes achieve "goosebump" status for me. The last time that occurred was during the movie "Glory" in which Matthew Broderick, playing Colonel Nathan Gould Shaw, leads his regiment in a suicidal charge during a night attack on a Confederate fort. You know he knows he's not going to make it, but if he doesn't do something, all his men are just going to die there. Moving stuff.

The Indy films don't do the "goosebumps" for me but they are still my all time favorite movies. My favorite scene occurs in ToD when, running out of options on the rope bridge, Indy realizes he has only one option - take out the bridge. That look on his face while he mutters, "Oh shit", cracks me up every time. -MP

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]