Hey "Answerer" and others...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wonderer from mkc-31-231-154.kc.rr.com on September 05, 2000 at 01:06:05:

BTW, nice name - who do you normally post as?

Anyway, to quote New Jersey Hughes as to my responses to certain postings:

"If your gut reaction to what I just wrote is anger and acrimony, then maybe you need take a step back and look at just how you act, and how it's perceived by others. If you read all my crap and it made you introspective, then maybe you've a chance to be that rarest of things- a cool fan. I know that's what I'm trying MY best to be."

You guys bring waaaaaay too much aggression to these pages. Relax, have a laugh at my expense if that makes you feel better. Just remember, we are all Indyfans - even though we don't act like it here most of the time- we share a common interest. Try to remember that so much is lost in the written rather than spoken word face to face. Most things written here are tongue in cheek or to provoke some kind of response. There has been in-fighting in this forum from almost day one. I know we are all passionate about our favorite charater and tend to lash out when someone's opinion differs from our own, but this really isn't the place for that. More and more people are neglecting to post email addresses(myself included) because of this baloney - which is too bad because now we have to wade through tons of worthless postings(not unlike this one) to get to the good info. I realize that Patterson feels persecuted(sp?) regarding the new jacket, but he kind of set himself up for this. So many people here are die-hard wested folks. Just look at the reaction we had when Cooper tried to sell his Indy jackets as authentic originals.

I am pleased that Patterson is such a perfectionist. If it weren't for people like him - most of us would never have found out half the info we have on the gear. If these new jackets are more like the ones in the films - the more power to him. But just like the rest of you, I was/am growing ever more impatient:)

As far as Cueball goes...don't know exactly what his position is, other than to bash me with every other posting. If you are having a pissy day and need to vent your bile and venom, there are several other places for that kind of behavior.

Needless to say, if I have offended you, then I am sorry. However, that still doesn't release me from expressing my opinions any more than it does you.

Later.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]